The College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP Karachi) was established in mid-1962. The main objective of this institution is to maintain high principles of medical departments like promotion of medical professionals as well as the medical training institutes.
The college has strong democratic traditions regarding various events and student council activities. All the administrative affairs of this college are independent and the members of student council are promoting all the medical related activities.
Various seminars and workshops have been organized in College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP Karachi) to make the students updated. The advance medical science and research technology are the main objectives of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP Karachi).
The College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP Karachi) takes advice from Faculties and initiates corrective measure whenever necessary from the foreign institution such as Royal Colleges of UK, Saudi Council of Health Specialties, Kuwait, Nepal, Bangladesh and Singapore. It is also affiliated with University Of Bradford (UK) and Saudi Council of Health Specialties.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan was incorporated through Ordinance XX of 1962 issued on 19th May 1962. the Ordinance laid down the objectives for the College as follows:
- To Promote specialist practice of medicine, surgery, gynaecology and obstetrics and such other specialities by securing improvement of teaching and training in hospitals and Hospital methods.
- To arrange postgraduate medical, surgical and other specialist’s training;
- To hold and conduct examinations for grant of diplomas and admission to the Fellowship of the College;
- To provide for research;
- To bring together the physicians, surgeons and other specialists of Pakistan periodically for scientific discussions and practical demonstrations of various subjects;
- To do all acts and things as it may consider necessary to carry out the purposes of this Ordinance.